Monday, September 18, 2017

Heather Hershow - From Los Angeles to Nashville


-Heather Hershow-


From Los Angeles to Nashville. Heather Hershow is a multi-talented UC Irvine graduate who has an extensive background in musical theatre along with pop. Heathers resume is impressive to say the least. Not only has she released her album Her Show. Heather has written with the NY-based company Songs of Love and also done some voiceover work for a publishing company here in Nashville. Most recently, Heather can be heard reading Richard A. Knaak's "Legends of the Dragonrealm: The Turning War" on Audible.



Heather Hershow’s debut album Her Show, released in 2016, can be purchased from iTunes and Amazon Music.

The album contains five tracks, Heather had a hand in writing all five. Each song highlights Heather’s magnificent voice range and writing skills.


Debut albums are like an author’s first book release, they are special so I ask Heather to tell me about the album. She summed it up perfectly.

“Her Show is my debut EP! It was recorded both in L.A. and Nashville and was a passion project of about 2 years.”

I ask Heather who some of her Musical influences were.

“I'm a huge fan of Gavin DeGraw. His soulful pop and piano melodies are what got me started. I would write lyrics, sit at the piano, and move my hands across the keys to try and come up with something in a similar style. I was also heavily influenced by some of the newer country artists of the last few years in my own writing (Hunter Hayes, Carrie Underwood, Lady Antebellum), and was in love with how classic country had such a way with storytelling. I like to think I blend these styles with my musical theater background as well. It's all about the story.”


Heather currently has no music gigs booked at this time. Her recent shows included the Bedford County Fair, in Tennessee, Belcourt Taps – Song Writer Sunday and the Koffee & K9 Paw-looza to name a few. No need to fret because she is not touring, you still have a chance to see her perform. Keep reading to find out where and when

Flash back to the lead in of this story. “Heather Hershow is multi-talented UC Irvine graduate who has an extensive background in musical theatre…”

She informed me in our email conversation that she is currently pursuing theatrical productions at the moment, but will be getting back into the studio soon to record a more acoustic, singer-songwriter album. Her Facebook post of 8-27-17 informed her fans of her next move also.

“Hey everyone! I know things have been a bit quiet as we've been working on other projects! Stay tuned! New music coming soon :) Until then...I'll be in a production of "Mamma Mia" at Chaffin's Barn in Nashville from September 7th through October 21st!” [Source Heather Hershow Facebook Page]

Her theatrical credits in Nashville include: "Heathers: The Musical" (Street Theatre Company) and "Legally Blonde: The Musical" (Pull-Tight Players). Heather now can add


Heather loves to connect with her fans. She even states the following on her website.

“For further inquiries or if you'd just like to say hello, please feel free to reach out through:

Below are more links so you can keep up with Heather on the many different Social Media sites.



I’m a rough and tough cowboy type individual, very little if anything gets to me. But Heathers answer to my next question brought a lump to my thought. I asked Heather when she first realized she wanted to become a performer.

“I started doing musical theater when I was six years old through a youth program back home in Los Angeles. I don't think I knew I wanted to pursue it as a career until I was getting ready for college. When I was 17, I did a musical with my high school during a tumultuous personal time (my mother was going through breast cancer). She came to see the show and I saw the joy it brought to her. I wanted to keep that going for as long as possible - I wanted to spread that feeling to whoever was searching for it.”

She also added that her home at the moment is in Nashville, and she plans to stay for a good while. However she does travel to Los Angeles whenever possible, as her family and being close to them is incredibly important to her. However, Heather felt led to Nashville and plans to see this incredible journey through.

Heather told me about her dog back in Los Angeles. This what she had to say about her four legged friend.

“I have a rescue named Stella back in L.A. who is absolutely spoiled by my parents! I rescued her in Las Vegas on a whim in 2010 and she's been the best addition to the family we could have ever hoped for. (Proving that not everything that happens in Vegas stays in Vegas...) As much as I wanted to bring her with me, I know she's better off home for a while. I do get to visit often :)”

Since Heather is from the West Coast I asked what are some of her favorite things to do in Nashville. Where does she like to dine along with her favorite food and drink?

“Oh gosh...Nashville has such amazing food. I often found myself at The Listening Room when I first got here (though they have since moved). It's a great place to just sit and listen to artists pour out their hearts. Incredibly inspiring. Fido in Hillsboro might be my favorite place for dinner - their chicken and sweet potato hash is absolutely delicious. Drink? Patterson House - hands down. A bartender made me a buttered rum old fashioned 2 years ago and I'm still thinking about it.”

For my last question, I was curious to know what some of Heather's hobbies are.
“I'm an avid reader. I love to dance, as well. I got hooked on Motown Mondays when I first moved here and when I'm not in rehearsals, I try to get over to East Nashville for some swing dancing when I can! I love making random commercials and videos for the car dealership I work at as well. It's what happens when they hire a Dramatic Arts major...”

[Bloggers note: Heathers mom, is a breast cancer survivor and flew in from Los Angeles over the weekend to watch her daughter perform in Mamma Mia. Way to go Heathers mom!]

Now that you know more about Heather Hershow head over and pick up your copy of Her Show and grab you some tickets for Mamma Mia at Chaffin's Barn. Heathers album Her Show can be purchased from iTunes and Amazon Music.

Written by: Joseph Clay

[Joseph Clay is a Georgia native who now resides in East Nashville, Tennessee with his family. After twenty plus years in the engineering field Joseph decided to hang up his hard hat and retire to focus on his true passion, writing.
Joseph is a full time author and consultant for ThunderHorse Publishing, and is currently working on his next novel. His latest release Witch’s Dilemma is on sale now in paperback and eBook format. For more information on Joseph and his books visit his Official Website.
As a blogger Joseph not only contributes to Live Laugh Love Nashville - Music Monday Feature and other blogs, he has two of his own. Joe Coming Unglued and Joseph Clay - Author the Official Blog.
You can connect with Joseph on Facebook, Twitter and/or Instagram. You can check out Joseph’s book trailer videos on his YouTube Channel.]

No comments:

Post a Comment