Monday, May 1, 2017

J. Marco


J. Marco
Debut Album Myth Available Everywhere Now



BREAKING NEWS

J. Marco is following up his debut album Myth will his second album Days of Surrender. The recording of Days of Surrender is scheduled to start in May, 2017 with a fall 2017 release date. You can preorder Days of Surrender on PledgeMusic. Live, Laugh, Love Nashville has an announcement from J. Marco regarding the new album and the recording process.

Hey Everybody,
J. Marco here. I’m happy to announce that following the success of the first album, my second album “Days of Surrender” is officially being recorded in May with a Fall release date. The support that I’ve gotten from the first record is overwhelming, and I would not be able to do this without your support. I love these new songs, and I can’t wait to share them with you.
I’m here on PledgeMusic because I want to share the recording process with you, with exclusive videos, early song previews, exclusive merch, and everything else that happens between now and the album being finished!
In my store, you can preorder “Days Of Surrender,” along with exclusive merch not available anywhere else. You are as much a part of this as I am, so come inside and take this journey with me, as I record “Days Of Surrender.””
[Source: PledgeMusic]



Long before moving to Nashville and kicking off his songwriting career, J. Marco listened to records in his Massachusetts bedroom, moving between the fast-moving fuzz of punk-rock and the hard-hitting hooks of pop music. Years later, he combines both of those genres on Myth, his debut release as a solo artist.

Inspired by a range of influences — including the Strokes, Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers, and many others, Myth finds J. Marco pulling triple-duty as singer, songwriter, and lead guitarist. He covers a good deal of ground along the way, from the synth-pop of the album's propulsive single, “The Void” [Linked to Video] to the anthemic rock & roll of “Long Way Down”, “Stranger in the Night” [Linked to Video] & “Castaway [Linked to Video].” Gluing the entire album together is an emphasis on guitar riffs and undeniable melodies, the same two ingredients that connected most of Marco's childhood influences. Below is what J. Marco had to say about his debut album Myth.

"I still listen to a lot of garage rock, but I've always loved a good pop hook," he says. "I wanted to bridge those two things. Myth has some fast tempos and fuzzy guitars, but it still has pop elements, too. I wanted it to be relatable." [Source: J. Marco Official Website.]

With Myth, J. Marco steps into his solo career with confidence, steering each song into a place where guitar fuzz, melodic hooks, and real life all crash together.




Here is how to find out where and when J. Marco will be performing live. All it takes is a simple visit to his website and click on the Tour tab.

[Writers Note: J. Marco was scheduled to perform an hour set at the Rock Out East Nashville festival. While this article was being written, J. Marco sent me an email stating that he had received an email informing him that the festival had been cancelled.]

Below are all the links to connect you with J. Marco and his music.



Written 4-30-2017 by Joseph Clay for Live Laugh Love Nashville - Music Monday Feature.

No comments:

Post a Comment