Saturday, May 6, 2017

Doghaus Productions - Sam Pita

Doghaus Productions - Sam Pita


There’s more than country music in Nashville. Just ask Sam Pita of Doghaus Productions. “There is an incredibly diverse scene full of rock n roll, singer-songwriters, electronic music, rap, soul, bluegrass, I mean, I've really heard it ALL,” she writes.

Doghaus Productions is a full-service music company located in East Nashville. Sam Pita, owner/engineer, made Nashville her permanent home after growing up in Boca Raton, Florida and attending college in Philadelphia. “I experienced all four seasons for the first time. I loved it. I feel like experiencing life in different parts of the country has shaped me for the better and is a big part of who I am. I know how to slow down and live in the moment.”

BREAKING NEWS:


Sam, and Doghaus productions has started a new series,  "East Nashville Sessions", that will feature local artists playing in local or unusual places in the neighborhood. I want to be able to allow people to be able to discover new places and music this way. If any businesses want to participate as a location, feel free to reach out to her!  The next video will come out next month, shot on the patio of Beast Pub.





Recently featured as Nashville's popular radio station Lightning 100's Local Artist of the Week, Diamond Carter is making waves. With his honest lyrics and raw voice, he can make you cry just by picking up a guitar. Here he is singing his song "Santa Cruz" in Sam's house in East Nashville (You can even hear his pup, Rita, cry for attention in the beginning of the video).

Diamond Carter is doing a "Live at 5" show tomorrow "Sunday" on Facebook live, via his Facebook page.





Why ‘Doghaus Productions?’
It took me a long time to think of a name for my company that I would actually like... I came up with Daughaus Productions because a lot of my most favorite, laid-back recording sessions have taken place in studios in people's sheds, garages, bedrooms, etc. I love that people can figure out how to create an authentic, awesome sound pretty much anywhere nowadays with the right equipment and brains behind it. My music production company is also sort of homegrown and spun out of the Nashville DIY scene, so I thought the idea of a ‘dog house’ kind of encompassed that idea... the idea that something built in your own backyard can be full of love, creativity, and passion.



Fan-girl moment
While I was a college student, I interned at Milkboy the Studio. It's a beautiful sounding studio that a lot of famous musicians have used. One time Patti LaBelle was recording vocals there. I got to meet her briefly and I definitely fan-girled (on the inside... I kept cool on the outside). She was just so sweet and kind and gracious. There were a few not-so-nice celebrities that I encountered... so I really appreciate when "big" stars like Patti are just normal, down-to-earth people.

Cue the goats
I play guitar. I dabble in piano and took some lessons here and there growing up, but I forgot most of it. I'd like to learn the violin but I hear you sound like dying mountain goats for a while until you get good. That's kinda terrifying. But you're supposed to do what terrifies you, right?

Sam beautifully describes recording music as painting, creating images with sound as the color. She became obsessed when she was younger, not expecting to make it a career until she was accepted into the prestigious Drexel University.

Since college through the inception of Doghaus Productions, Sam’s portfolio reads like a who’s- who in the music industry. She has lived, eaten, and breathed the music scene in two major cities and been introduced and worked alongside some of the top-players in the industry Her talent and professionalism shines; moreover, she is absolutely personable and wickedly funny.

Visit the website to catch a glimpse of Doghaus Productions at work as well as a list of services she and her team provide.
Be sure to follow them on Facebook and Instagram.

Written 5-6-17 by Heather Clift for Live Laugh Love Nashville - Small Business Saturday

No comments:

Post a Comment